what's That saying?
When life gives you lemons...
Squirt someone in the eye!
I definitely got some lemons last week. Here's a rundown:
I was almost the cream filling in a three car accident Monday morning
- seriously Ohio, I love you, but enough with the construction
people be crazy when orange barrels line the road
- I think they do it on principle.
I fell out of bed Tuesday morning.
- "How does a grown woman fall out of bed?" you ask
- At work, my computer freaked out
thankfully no documents were lost
- and I got to play Candy Crush for an hour while helpdesk remoted into my terminal
I've been stuck at level 415 since then.
- What level are you on?
Get home, wanna write
- Windows 10 was installed on my laptop without my knowledge
latest versions of everything are LOST
- and OneDrive's a joke - it wouldn't let me back in.
Anyone remember Vista?
- No? EXACTLY, it was that bad
and my laptop had to be reset to factory settings that time.
- Moral of the story:
buy a MAC.
- So I'm up every night re-polishing the next to last version of my MS,
getting through it faster than expected because I remember a lot of my last changes,
- but my Starbucks addiction might be outta control.
White Chocolate Mocha, extra espresso - nuff said.
- It takes me 2 hours to get home Wednesday night
cause of those damned orange barrels again
- I really hate those things
I must've dropped the f-bomb 500 times in 75 minutes
- I don't use it too much
but it felt right.
- Order these awesome cakes from Chinese bakery for celebrations on Sunday
realize too late that I called the wrong location
- don't have the guts to ask them to cancel and call the right shop instead
so I drove a half hour to the east side to pick up two cakes I could've gotten from fifteen minutes away
- worth it.
I'm begging the universe: please take it easy on me this week or I might never leave the house again