Oh my gods. I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. I can't imagine too many people care what I've been up to, but in case you're curious why I was away, here's a rundown. Told with Jensen Ackles gifs. Because yum :P
REVISIONS. That deserves caps because I was doing genuine revisions versus editing.
- What's the difference you ask? Well, the distinction might only be in my head
(A real possibility cause, you know, I AM a writer),
- but editing is what I do on my own or after CPs and Betas read my book baby and rip it apart for my benefit.
- Revisions are requested/required after on industry professional provides you feedback.
This does not mean that I was offered/publication during my time away from you, lovelies,
- if that happened you would have heard my screams around the world at that very instant
But I was offered some very specific, very constructive suggestions – SCORE!
- I probably spent two weeks just digesting the notes,
As everyone should when offered any suggestions,
- Because though the changes seemed small, they had ripple effects down the line.
Between bouts of tearing out my hair, going cross-eyed staring at my pages, and cursing my words, I finally got the things done!
- About 5k old words cut; approximately 9k new words added. “World” was clarified, extraneous subplots removed.