#AMMConnect bio for round 4, Spring 2018
March 7, 2018
what is Commercial fiction
November 21, 2017
November 13, 2017
NaNoWriMo day 5
November 6, 2017
i have an...unpopular opinion
October 12, 2017
a little late to the AMMConnect party but...
September 26, 2017
May 10, 2017
storified my WIP...
April 25, 2017
April 24, 2017
August 5, 2016
September 4, 2015
The title of this post might lead you to believe I'm an optimist
- I assure you I'm not.
I am a realist
- and the reality is, you've got to work for what you want
one thousand and one percent of the time.
- I wasn't one of the #PitchWars chosen,
I received constructive feedback from one mentor,
- (the only one who requested pages in case you wanted to know)
The only other letter I've gotten was a form rejection
- I'm sure it won't be my last.
How do I know this?
- Because I will continue to submit.
Some agents will say my work isn't for them,
- others will say it's not the right fit or not right for the market
and some will remain silent.
-The point is, my fellow authors, rejection is inevitable
but my plan is to pursue now that I've found my love,
- my niche,
the kind of book I want to read myself.
- We had 9.38% chance of being chosen for mentorship people,
and the mentors volunteered to do this for us.
- I would've appreciated their insight,
- but I'll find my way without them.
I will query the crap out of my piece
- and the next one
and the one after that,
- because my daughter asks me everyday if I've fulfilled my dream
when will she be able to read my words.
She proudly calls me an author to anyone who listens
- and I smile everytime she says it.
I write for her.
- and yea, a bit for me too ;)
Don't quit, my friends.
- Think of all of those little people
(or big, since I write NA)
- who will one day look forward to thumbing through pages
that you wrote
- that you loved
and yes, sometimes, hated.
- Keep moving forward
it's the only way you'll overcome the rejection.
I'll be taking part in #PitMad next week,
- will post some tips to prepare us all
but I hope to see you there.